Comment on page
URO Governance token
URO is the governance token of the UrDEX ecosystem
Become a UrDEX stakeholder. Deposit your $URD at app.urdex.finance/dao
At UrDEX, we believe in fair and equitable token distribution. To ensure a fair launch, we did not allocate any URO tokens before launching the project. This means that every user has an equal opportunity to earn and participate in the UrDEX ecosystem.
To further promote community involvement, we invite all users and community members to join the UrDEX DAO by staking any URD tokens they earn. This means that anyone who contributes to the UrDEX ecosystem, including the UrDEX development team, has the opportunity to become a part of the UrDEX DAO and help shape the future of the platform.
By staking URD tokens, users not only earn URO tokens as rewards but also become eligible to vote on proposals and decisions that impact the UrDEX ecosystem. This creates a truly decentralized and community-driven platform, where everyone has a voice and the opportunity to contribute.
- 1.URO holders are the de-facto stakeholders of the entire UrDEX ecosystem, including managing and having access to the DAO Treasury funds.
- 2.50% of all protocol revenues go to the DAO Treasury, continuously creating value for the DAO participants.
- 3.With the exception of 20% reserved for protocol development, 80% of the existing cash balance (BTC, ETH, USDT) within the Treasury is made available for redemption by URO holders.
- 4.The DAO proposal is in favor of implementing a redemption mechanism, allowing UrDEX stakeholders to claim Treasury assets such as BTC, ETH, and stablecoins.
- 5.URO holders can freely choose to surrender any and all portions of their URO tokens against their pro-rata ownership (the surrender value) of the Treasury’s cash balance excluding URD tokens.
UrDEX is committed to fostering transparency and democracy in its governance. The UrDEX DAO acts as the Asset Manager and determines the strategic matters of the protocol. URO is the governance token of UrDEX, and URO holders are the de-facto stakeholders of the entire UrDEX ecosystem, including managing and having access to the DAO Treasury funds. The governance structure of UrDEX ensures that the platform serves the interest of its community in perpetuity.